The Information Privacy Principles, as scheduled in the Northern Territory Information Act, protect the privacy of personal information held by government by ensuring that it may only collect information necessary for its functions, activities and services.
The Northern Territory Government and its service providers value the privacy of every individual's personal information. (Personal information is government information from which a person's identity is apparent or is reasonably able to be ascertained.) We are committed to protecting user privacy.
- the type of browser you are using
- your traffic patterns through our site
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous page you visited prior to accessing our site
- the Internet address of the server accessing our site.
This information is used for website and system administration, including customization of the website to an individual, and research and development. Information will not be disclosed to a third party, unless required by law or otherwise stated.
Visitors, on a voluntary basis, may supply additional personal information when:
- participating in online forums, surveys and chat rooms
- posting information on bulletin boards
- completing nomination and application forms etc
- requesting information via email.
We do not add any details from your email to a mailing list unless you have specifically requested that we do this. We do not disclose these details to third parties without your consent unless required by law. We do disclose your email details to the relevant authorities if necessary to protect the safety of the public or to protect the rights and property of the Northern Territory. Our Internet Service Provider may monitor email traffic for system trouble shooting and maintenance purposes only.
This website contains links to other government and non-government organisations which may use other monitoring tools or collect and manage information via methods other than those described above. Visitors are advised to check the privacy statements on the relevant website.